Pages

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Colonial Americans

With Monday and Tuesday being conferences we have a three day week.  Fiday we will head to our Colonial Village in town.  How lucky we are to have actual replicas of a log cabin, barn, school house, and train station! To prepare the children for the visit we spent the last two days learning about the Pilgrims, their journey, lives when they arived, and progress they made in a few short years.  It has been perfect for making connections and reading informational text.  We have written opinion pieces as well as informative paragraphs.  We also completed the cute crafts with the Pilgrim boy and girl.  So much fun and so valuable.  As you know Scholastic has a wonderful interactive site on Thanksgiving which includes information about the Mayflower, Pilgrims, and Wampanoag.  Follow the link below to get there.  Tomorrow we will learn more about the Wampanoag and compare their lives to the Pilgrims.  I will post some pictures tomorrow.  Below are photos of the work from the "free" worksheets I put on the site.




















1 comment:

  1. Great ideas on teaching about Colonial Americans! Thank you so much for sharing them! I've just become a new follower and I'm so excited! If you’re interested, I’ve just moved my blog and am having a HUGE moving sale!!! Everything {and I mean EVERYTHING from lesson plans to clipart} are FREE until January 1st. Come check it out! My blog is: theartofteachingintodaysworld.blogspot.com
    I can’t wait to see you there!
    Love, Bri

    ReplyDelete